April 13, 2010

bittersweet

0413

Tonight Avery pulled herself up to a standing position while sitting in her crib. She's been working on it over the last couple of weeks and has been walking around her activity table, but tonight she worked herself over to the side rail and stood up. It took us quite by surprise actually. She'd been pulling on the crib piano and Deran & I stood just inside the doorway talking and looked over to see her holding onto the side of the crib on her way up.


I got out the camera, this is a big moment! I was clearly excited for her. She's getting so big. I've been waiting for this milestone, for her to start pulling up. Now that it's here I'm kind of sad, a happy sad though. Deran picked her up and she pushed and wined to be put back down. She's asserting her independence and will no doubt break our hearts a hundred times over. I'm not sure I like this growing up thing! :)

2 comments:

  1. I love this picture! And I'm so proud of my baby niece!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww...she's growing up so fast! Can't wait 'til June to see her...at this rate she'll be off and running by then.

    ReplyDelete